Due to popular request, I’m posting this recipe for butter cookies that I gave out for Christmas. I promise this is not solely a cookie blog! I do have a more balanced repertoire in mind.
I made two versions—one lemon sandwiches with a lemon curd filling recipe that I found online and cinnamon cut out cookies.
*Update: The lemon curd recipe stands up better as a cookie sandwich filling if you add 1 tsp of unflavored gelatin to the lemon juice prior to the cooking phase.
You can easily modify the flavor to suit yourself. I see chai butter cookies in my future. 🙂
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1½ tsps Gluten-free Vanilla
- 2¼ cups Gluten-free Flour Blend (see suggestions below)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream sugar and butter in large bowl. Add egg yolks and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Add flour blend and salt; beat as low speed until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on surface sprinkled lightly with gluten-free flour, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to ¼-inch thickness. Cut with 2½-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Yield: 42 cookies (2.5" cookie cutter)