Delicious, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies! My favorite way to eat them is warm and crumbled over cinnamon ice cream.
This recipe was the first recipe I mastered after my allergy diagnosis. I was so encouraged that even my non-allergic family and friends would devour them. It was the first time I had hope that life could appear normal. 🙂
These cookies are refined sugar free and dairy free. Can be gluten free and egg free with substitutions noted below.
Note: egg free conversion is not included in the nutritional info.
Organic Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Delicious, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies! Refined sugar free and dairy free. Can be gluten free and egg free with substitutions noted below.
Author: Jillian Hudson
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup (165g) organic extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1⅔ cup (250g) coconut sugar
- 2 eggs*
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (70g) coconut flour**
- ½ cup (65g) oat flour (grind oats in coffee grinder)
- 2 cups (250g) organic oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut (lightly toasted)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together dry ingredients except sugar. Make sure to break up any clumps. Cream coconut oil and sugar together in an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture looks creamy. Add eggs one at a time then vanilla. Add dry ingredients into sugar mixture gradually and mix until everything is well mixed together.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (I use a #50 disher) onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly (with all coconut flour the cookies don't spread).
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- * Egg-free: I have substituted 2Tbsp chia with 4 tbsp water. The cookies don't spread but the taste is the same.
- **If you're cookies don't flatten and spread, try a different brand of coconut flour. Lets Do Organic is the only brand I've found that reliably makes the cookies spread.
Serving size: 36 Calories: 83.5 Fat: 4.0 Saturated fat: 2.9 Unsaturated fat: .2 Carbohydrates: 10.4 Sugar: 3.8 Sodium: 86.1 Fiber: 1.8 Protein: 1.9 Cholesterol: 13.3
27 Responses to Organic Coconut Oatmeal Cookies – Refined sugar free / corn-free / gluten free / egg free
Pingback: Mountain Woman Rendezvous #46 Featuring Organic Coconut Oatmeal Cookies - Trayer Wilderness
Pingback: Savoring Saturdays #15 - Raias Recipes